Friday, January 28, 2011

Inkheart Book Review

 Cornelia Funke's book, Inkheart, grabs my attention and leads me into a great book.

A theme of this book would be that people always need to think about their actions and if they were to make a mistake then they should try to correct them. In this book Meggie's father, Mo, read aloud from a book, Inkheart, and his magic releases a character from the book. Mo needed to think about what he was doing releasing the character into the world. Meggie now has to rewrite the story that has changed her life due to her father's actions. Really, Mo should have been the one correcting his own mistakes.

I like the author's reading style of this book, it has put me on the edge a few times. The book kept my attention and it was easy for me to keep reading until the end. I stayed interested in this book and it was an easy book to read, level wise. It was a bit longer than my normal book, but was good.

I can compare this book to a Harry Potter book. There are many villains within both books. Characters want to capture the villain and solve the problems the villain has created. The characters think that once the villain is captured then the problems will be solved, while that does happen most of the time sometimes it does not work out like they had initially planned. The plan is to find the villain and capture him and take him back, but it is not as easy as it sounds.

I would recommend this book to any fantasy book lover. This book has a lot of make believe situations in it, but is still not a cartoon. The overall scene of this book is imagined. If you love stories about villains and people trying to capture them, this would be a great book for you to read.

576 pages = 3 books

No comments:

Post a Comment